We are a boutique immigration law firm. Our office is looking for a full-time bilingual immigration paralegal responsible for enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing case management support. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and further career.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in both Mandarin Chinese and English. Previous immigration law experience is required.
We provide sponsorship to qualified candidate for work authorization if needed.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Prepare appropriate application forms before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor
- Effectively communicate with clients to assemble documentation and keep clients informed of case status
- Prepare procedural information and document checklist for client
- Escalate issues to attorney when necessary
- Manage cases effectively to make sure deadlines are met
- Assist with initial client interview to obtain relevant case information, managing calendars for attorneys
- Review translation done by translation agency
- Prepare and update template documents
- Monitor, improve and suggest changes to workflow from time to time
- Monitor and maintain firm’s social media accounts and screen online inquiries
- Administer case management system, and track case status on a regular basis
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
Qualification and Required Skills:
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- 1 year of hands-on immigration case management experience required, preferably in employment-based immigration
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and expected salary to info@ menglawgrp.com.