We are a boutique immigration law firm. Our office is looking for a full-time Immigration Paralegal responsible for enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing case management support.
Previous related experience is required. We offer PTO, medical, dental, vision insurance after three-month probationary period, and 401k employer-match and profit sharing after one year.
Duties and Responsibility
- Prepare appropriate application forms before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor
- Effectively communicate with clients to assemble documentation and keep clients informed of case status
- Prepare procedural information and document checklist for client
- Escalate issues to attorney when necessary
- Manage cases effectively to make sure deadlines are met
- Assist with initial client interview to obtain relevant case information, managing calendars for attorneys
- Prepare and update template documents
- Monitor, improve and suggest changes to workflow from time to time
- Monitor and maintain firm’s social media accounts and screen online inquiries
- Administer case management system, and track case status on a regular basis
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
Qualification and Required Skills
- 1 year of hands-on immigration *case management experience required, preferably in employment-based immigration
- Proficiency in foreign language preferred but not required
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Outlook a must
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Interested candidate should reply with resume, cover letter and expected salary.