We are a boutique immigration law firm. Our office is looking for a full-time Business Immigration Paralegal responsible for enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing case management support.
We provide the opportunity to work with a great, hard-working team where you will expand your skills and knowledge. We offer PTO, sick pay and medical benefits after three-month probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare appropriate application forms before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor
- Effectively communicate with clients to assemble documentation and keep clients informed of case status
- Prepare procedural information and document checklist for client
- Escalate issues to attorney when necessary
- Manage cases effectively to make sure deadlines are met
- Supervise the work of legal assistant and provide guidance
- Assist with initial client interview to obtain relevant case information, managing calendars for attorneys
- Monitor and maintain firm’s social media accounts and screen online inquiries
- Administer case management system, and track case status on a regular basis
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ year of hands on immigration case experience required, or extensive experience in administrative support
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Outlook a must
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred but not required
- Work well under deadlines, handle confidential information with professionalism, and display strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Interested candidate should email resume, cover letter and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time