We are a boutique immigration law firm. Our office is looking for a full-time legal assistant responsible for enhancing attorney and paralegal effectiveness by providing clerical support in a fast-paced environment.
We are willing to train the right person. We provide the opportunity to work with a great, hard-working team where you will expand your skills and knowledge, and grow professionally in your career.
Duties and Responsibility
- Assist with initial client interview to obtain relevant case information, managing calendars for attorneys
- Make meeting and event arrangement
- Prepare appropriate application forms before the Departments of
- Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor
- Coordinate with client to assemble documentation
- Prepare procedural information and document checklist for client
- Coordinate with translation agency and review translation, or perform translation occasionally
- Administer case management system, and track case status on a regular basis
- Prepare and update template documents
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing,
- scanning, faxing and copying
- Run company’s errands to post office and office supply store, and maintain
- office supply
Qualification and Skills
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year of hands-on administrative support experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and work with interruptions
- Knowledge in immigration law a plus but not required
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and expected salary
to info @ menglawgrp. com.