The Department of State has released the January 2021 Visa Bulletin. You can access the copy of the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State website here.
Note: USCIS has designated the Final Action Dates chart for employment-based adjustment of status applications and the Dates for Filing chart for family-sponsored adjustment of status applications within the U.S. for January 2021.
Below are some key changes for the employment-based preference categories this month:
Final Actions Dates for Employment-Based Preference Cases:
- EB1 China retrogressed and moved backwards 1 year and 2 months from 11/01/2020 to 09/01/2019.
- EB1 India retrogressed and moved backwards 1 year and 2 months 11/01/2020 to 09/01/2019.
- All other EB1 remain current.
- EB2 China retrogressed and moved backwards 4 months from 10/01/2016 to 06/01/2016.
- EB2 India retrogressed and moved backwards 1 year and 7 months from 05/15/2011 to 10/08/2009.
- All other EB2 remain current.
- EB3 China retrogressed and moved backwards 5 months and 2 weeks from 06/01/2018 to 12/15/2017.
- EB3 India retrogressed and moved backwards 3 years 9 months from 01/01/2014 to 03/22/2010.
- All other EB3 remain current.
- EB5 China retrogressed and moved backwards 4 months from 12/15/2015 to 08/15/2015.
- EB5 Vietnam retrogressed and moved backwards 3 years and 3 months from being current to 09/15/2017.
- All other EB5 remain current.
Below are some key changes for the family-sponsored categories this month:
Dates for Filing for Family-Sponsored Cases:
- F1 for China and India remain at 07/22/2015.
- F1 Mexico remains at 02/22/2000.
- F1 Philippines remains at 10/08/2012.
- All other F1 remain at 07/22/2015.
- F2A: All F2A remain current. Although the Dates for Filing chart applies to family-sponsored categories, since the F2A category remains “current” on the Final Action Dates chart, F2A applicants may file using the Final Action Dates chart for January 2020 which is current.
- F2B for China and India remain at 05/01/2016.
- F2B Mexico remains at 12/01/1999.
- F2B Philippines remains at 04/01/2012.
- All other F2B remain at 05/01/2016.
- F3 for China and India remain at 06/01/2009.
- F3 Mexico remains at 08/15/2000.
- F3 Philippines remains at 12/22/2002.
- All other F3 remain at 06/01/2009.
- F4 China remains at 09/15/2007.
- F4 India remains at 11/22/2005.
- F4 Mexico remains at 04/22/1999.
- F4 Philippines remains at 09/01/2002.
- All other F4 remain at 09/15/2007.