The Department of State has released the May 2020 Visa Bulletin. You can access the copy of the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State website here.
Note: USCIS has designated the Final Action Dates chart for employment-based adjustment of status applications and the Dates for Filing chart for family-sponsored adjustment of status applications within the U.S. for May 2020.
Below are some key changes for the employment-based preference categories this month:
Final Action Dates for Employment-Based Preference Cases:
- EB1 China moved forward 5 weeks from 06/08/2017 to 07/15/2017.
- EB1 India moved forward 3 months from 05/01/2015 to 08/01/2015.
- All other EB1 moved forward 11 months from 06/01/2019 to being current.
- EB2 China moved forward 1 month from 09/01/2015 to 10/01/2015.
- EB2 India moved forward 1 week from 05/25/2009 to 06/02/2009.
- All other EB2 remain current.
- EB3 China moved forward 1 month from 04/15/2016 to 05/15/2016.
- EB3 India moved forward 5 weeks from 01/22/2009 to 03/01/2009.
- EB3 Philippines remains at 01/01/2017.
- All other EB3 remain at 01/01/2017.
- EB5 China moved forward 7 weeks from 05/15/2015 to 07/01/2015.
- EB5 India moved forward 9 months from 01/01/2019 to 10/01/2019.
- EB5 Vietnam moved forward 7 weeks from 02/08/2017 to 04/01/2017.
- All other EB5 remain current.
Below are some key changes for the family-sponsored categories this month:
Dates for Filing for Family-Sponsored Cases:
- F1 for China and India moved forward 11 weeks from 09/01/2014 to 11/22/2014.
- F1 Mexico moved forward 1 week from 12/01/1999 to 12/08/1999
- F1 Philippines moved forward 7 months from 11/01/2010 to 06/01/2011.
- All other F1 moved forward 11 weeks from 09/01/2014 to 11/22/2014.
- F2A: All F2A remain current. Although the Dates for Filing chart applies to family-sponsored categories, since the F2A category remains “current” on the Final Action Dates chart, F2A applicants may file using the Final Action Dates chart for May 2020 which is current.
- F2B for China and India moved forward 12 weeks from 07/01/2015 to 09/22/2015.
- F2B Mexico moved forward 5 weeks from 08/01/1999 to 09/08/1999.
- F2B Philippines moved forward 4 months from 10/1/2010 to 02/01/2011.
- All other F2B moved forward 12 weeks from 07/01/2015 to 09/22/2015.
- F3 for China and India moved forward 10 weeks from 10/01/2008 to 12/15/2008.
- F3 Mexico remains at 07/15/2000.
- F3 Philippines moved forward 7 months from 01/15/2001 to 08/22/2001.
- All other F3 moved forward 10 weeks from 10/01/2008 to 12/15/2008.
- F4 China moved forward 3 days from 07/25/2007 to 07/28/2007.
- F4 India moved forward 2 weeks from 08/22/2005 to 09/08/2005.
- F4 Mexico moved forward 1 week from 01/15/1999 01/22/1999.
- F4 Philippines moved forward 5 months from 01/01/2001 to 06/01/2001.
- All other F4 moved forward 3 days from 07/25/2007 to 07/28/2007.